Competition of the Best Online Practices in the Sphere of Citizenship Education
We invite you to partake in the competition of online practices held within the Week of citizenship education!
Representatives of civil organizations (NGOs, associations, foundations, non-profit institutions), state and academic organizations, institutions of formal and non-formal education from all countries of the Eastern Partnership and Russia are invited to participate in the competition.
The situation connected with the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19, when millions of people lost access to traditional forms of education, proved thenecessity for the available and high-quality online resources necessary for organizing formal education as a part of the school and other educational institutions curricula, as well as the sphere of non-formal education.
Furthermore, well-designed online products and services (events / programs / courses, etc.) can expand the access of various focus groups to education, reduce the cost of implementing curricula, improve the effectiveness of the curricula (especially in combination with conventional forms of training) .
The main objectives of the competition:
- Promotion and public awareness of the best practices and providers of citizenship education in the Eastern Partnership region and Russia.
- Increasing sustainability and improving the quality of projects and programs in the sphere of citizenship education through the exchange of experience in implementing online and distance learning tools.
Winners of the competition will be determined in two categories:
- online practice implemented in the field of citizenship education (descriptions of the events held and the results achieved are accepted for the competition)
- online practices planned in the sphere of citizenship education ( descriptions of concepts of planned events and expected results are accepted for the competition).
What can be presented for the competition?
Description of any online practices (online games, webinars, training videos and projects, streams, podcasts, courses, quizzes, etc.), aimed at:
- Raising public awareness on the problems and challenges in the sphere of citizenship education.
- Development of civic competencies.
- Increasing interest in citizenship education.
- Giving an overview of citizenship education.
- Discussion of relevant issues of the citizenship education development in the formal and informal spheres.
- Discussion of the citizenship education role in the global world.
- Development of the image and sustainability of the citizenship education.
- Promotion of various tools and resources for citizenship education providers.
- Involving different focus groups in citizenship education programs.
- Development of cooperation between citizenship education providers.
- Promotion of citizenship education providers
The list above is not fully completed!
The best practices submitted for the competition will be awarded by the organizers during the Citizenship Education Week.
Information on the practices submitted for the competition will be published on the EENCE online platforms.
We guarantee compliance with all copyrights.
Deadlines and additional information
You can apply for the competition until September 15, 2020 filling out the online form by clicking here.
Additional information related to participation in the contest and its conditions can be obtained by sending your questions (in Russian or English): email@example.com
The organisation and conduct of the competition is provided by the organising committee of the Citizenship education week, Eastern European Network for Citizenship Education (EENCE) with the support of Federal agency for Citizenship Education (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung) and the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs.